Sunday, February 24, 2008

Porsche Designed Chroma 301 Knives


Every time someone asks about knives I have to suggest the Porsche designed Chroma Cutlery knives from Japan. I received one as a gift and ended up buying the entire set over time. It has the best ergonomic fit for my hand and the right weight. The blade sharpness has lasted longer than either my Sabatier or Henckles knives.

Besides ergonomics and weight, these are the easiest knives to wash and keep bacteria free, because there is no seam between the blade and the handle for bacteria to gather. I no longer have to worry about the handle becoming loose, or in the case of wooden handles, no worries about water logging the wood.

I think the company explains the benefit of a Chroma 301 better than I, so please check out their website. I have never seen these knives locally in San Francisco except at the shop across the street from the California Culinary Academy, where they were higher in price than offers on the Internet.

ttp://www.chroma-cutlery.com/type301.php

No comments: